CApturingHopes - NICU Stories
All images are shared with permission.
Images will be posted as families feel ready to share their stories.
I volunteer as a photographer with Capturing Hopes. Here is the mission statement for Capturing Hopes.
"The entire mission of Capturing Hopes can be summed up in one word, HOPE. As a support program for families, our goal is to give hope during their baby's entire stay in the NICU. We accomplish this with the use of professional lenses, low aperture photography, beautiful lighting, and by focusing in on the beauty and humanity of each baby in our photos. We find hope during a time where some days it is hard to see it. When families see the back of our camera and gasp at how beautiful their baby is, we know we have accomplished what we have set out to do.
Unlike regular hospital photography programs, Capturing Hopes provides photos weekly/bi-weekly from the time the baby is born, no matter how small. We have photographed babies as small as 12 ounces, 13 ounces, 15 ounces...the size does not matter, we will capture their journey from the very start.
Here are a few other things you should know:
- Holiday events are available in participating hospitals 4-5 times a year
- Every family receives a digital gallery within 10 days of their session to download and keep forever
- All photo sessions are FREE of charge to the family and the hospital
- Photographers are all professional photographers with their own businesses
- We take two types of volunteers: Professional photographers, and previous NICU parents to run holiday events
- CHP is not intended to replace regular newborn photography programs
- We are a nonprofit organization that relies on donations from the public and local businesses"